Friday 18 July 2014

Midnight Getaway - Malmaison Dundee

Hello all! Last night I took a trip home to Fife; my homeland, and had the pleasure of staying at Malmaison in Dundee for the night. The building that the hotel is situated is that of the former Tay Hotel, which in the past did have a stigma and history about it as it was once linked to a murder that took place in the city years ago and the building lay derelict for quite some time after. However the way that the Malmaison chain have taken on this historical building is something quite incredible. Even before you are parked you can see the white gleam of the Malmaison logo blaring from the side of the building in a stream of silver white lights. The decadent velvet decor and the glass doors on arrival only add to the glistening newness of the building that once lay empty for years. The interior itself is adorned in lavish purples and silvers, its a dark themed hotel but it suits the brand and only adds to the lavish mysterious atmosphere of the place as a whole.

The rooms are pure luxury each containing a purple velvet sleigh bed with pillows and a fur throw and the bathroom is fully equipped with a huge waterfall like shower head. One of my favourite pieces about the room was the concealed mini bar, coffee counter and wine glass rack that was built into the light up staple Malmaison wardrobe. I called it the wardrobe of dreams, and boy do I want one in my own room, fully stocked preferably! Another quirk of the room which I really liked was the fact that they incorporated the devilish face of Dennis The Menace from the Beano comics. The Beano is a long standing British comic who's home town is Dundee. The fact that Malmaison took the time to include this Dundonian legend into the interior of the hotel was such a lovely gesture and makes the hotel in my opinion stand out from others with this unique feature. I had such a fantastic night at this hotel at an affordable price and I cant wait to go back.



Have any of you got any hotels you have stayed in recently that you have loved? Feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I hope you enjoyed this post and I will leave a link to the hotel if any of you feel interested in a little getaway to a purple adorned paradise! :)

X.O
JF

https://www.malmaison.com/locations/dundee/?gclid=CjwKEAjwi6OeBRCCrZqp-qaQhhISJACrfbtABPk_YskL0GUBGUiw3yx6ri1Sdit4d0puomgcQd2GABoCCt_w_wcB



Disclaimer: all opinions shared are my own, I am not receiving any form of sponsor for this post, I just really enjoyed my stay and wanted to share it with you all :)  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment