Friday 29 August 2014

Sneaks and Snacks

Hello everyone :) I thought I would just write a mini post today on some of my new buys.. one in particular, new sneaks! If any of you read my last post you would know that I am currently challenging myself to get fit and lose a significant amount of weight in order to place myself in the healthy region on the BMI scale. So far I am on day 4 and have been gyming eveeerrryday so far. Just now I am enjoying the challenge but we will see how I feel this time next week! Anyway in order for me to look at least a little gym savy I had to go out and purchase some new sports gear, one item of which was some decent trainers! The trainers I was using before I had had for about 3 years, they were worn and weren't providing me with the correct support for my running technique and general feet health. I am a member at DW Sports which is absolutely brilliant, its a gorgeous gym but its also super handy as upstairs they have a sports shop where members of the gym receive 10% off purchases. So taking this deal to full advantage a few days ago I went and got my feet and running technique tested so they could try and find the best supporting trainers for me. They gave me two pairs of trainers; one cushioning and one supporting,  and I had to run on a treadmill for 5 seconds with each on. Once I had completed this they analysed the way my feet landed and determined from there what shoes would best support me when running. What I found out was that when I run my inside ankle on both feet seems to bend inwards (apparently this is how most people run) so I was recommended to purchase cushioning trainers with a supportive insole to support the inside of my feet. I managed to find a fantastic pair on sale and I am absolutely in love with them already! They are a dream to work out in and they are this pair of Newbalance trainers. I think they are so lovely and I love the colours! Not something I would usually go for but amazing all the same.


If any of your guys are budding runners and have never had your feet tested I would totally recommend it. The service is free of charge and it is so good especially if you are wanting to get the most out of your workouts and not have the worry of gaining any injury from not wearing the right supportive footwear. And on that note I am away to finish my breakfast and head to the gym! I hope you all have a lovely day :)




X.O 
JF
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment