Sunday 2 November 2014

Markets-Scents and Myrrh

Hello everyone :) this week I haven't really been up to very much, just working away not too much to report! However today I did have a little wander into Aberdeen city centre to check out the International Market that visits here quarterly and indulged in a little mulled wine while browsing through the various stalls. I absolutely love seeing all the interesting little trinkets that are brought along and smelling the yummy fresh waffles and crepes that are being made along the way. At the market the have everything from cheese stalls to nougat to woodwork craft. There is such a lovely mix of interesting things that normally you wouldn't come across day to day so I thought I would take some snaps and share them with you all :)






While wandering I also found myself in two of my favourite shops. Lush and The Yankee Store! At this time of year both stores bring out the most festive smelling products and I just couldnt resist purchasing a few winter warmers! 


From Lush I invested in the Hot Toddy shower gel mini that just smells amazing! The Cinders bath bomb which I have heard such good things about and the Northern Lights bath bomb which I thought would be lovely for coming up to Bonfire night as it promises to ''turn your bath water into a calming jasmine and ylang-ylang scented swirling night sky scattered with stars.'' - Seriously how could you resist that bath time spectacle!


From the Yankee store I purchased one of the fragrances of the month which was the Cranberry Ice candle. This candle smells amazing. It is wintery but fresh and smells so yummy I could eat it. At £14.99 for the large jar I honestly couldn't resist. I also invested in a few samplers; Spiced Orange, Cranberry Pear, Vanilla Chai and Sweet Apple. Candles for me are becoming such an obsession! Nothing beats lying in bed at night with a candle burning hiding away from the world in a cloud of festive scent all cosy and warm.  

What have you guys been up to this weekend? I hope you have a all had a very pleasant Sunday! 

X.O
JF


No comments :

Post a Comment